Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dressing Herself

Elizabeth has been making all sorts of attempts to do things herself these days--including dress herself. She does a pretty darn good job with her shoes and manages to get them on the right feet about as often as I do. She has also been trying to put on pants and shirts but let us say that she as a bit of a ways to go.

Tonight I put her dinner shirt on (read old tee shirt that I don't care if she messes up) and then she insisted on putting her shorts on herself. Only problem is that she tried to get them on by putting them over her head and the result is evident in the pictures here. She was so darn proud of herself when she got those shorts over her head. I know the look and it is one of surprise and pride. She ran to the mirror and looked at me as if to say, "can you believe I did this--and don't I look great?". I didn't have the heart to take them off and put them on her the right way so I let her wear them around her neck for a while and got another pair of shorts for her to wear.



No comments: