Monday, October 29, 2007

48 Hours To Go Now

For some reason the tune to that 1969 Edwin Starr song, "25 Miles" kept playing in my head tonight except I changed the lyrics to "I've got 48 Hours to go now". Then I remembered the lyrics to "25 Miles" and when I looked them up on the internet I was once again amazed by the power of the subconscious mind.

With 48 hours to go before Marty and I will have our baby girl in our arms ...is it any wonder that "25 Miles" was playing in my head...

"Twenty-five miles from home, girl
My feet are hurtin' mighty bad
Now I've been walkin' for three days
And two lonely nights
You know that I'm hurtin' mighty bad
But I got a girl waitin' for me
That's gonna make this trip worthwhile

I got to keep on walkin'
Oh I got to walk on
Let me tell you, y'allI'm so tired
But I just can't lose my stride
I got fifteen miles to go now
And I can hear my babycallin' my name
It's as if, as though I'm standin' at her front door
And I can hear that doggone thing
Now I'll be so glad to see my baby
And hold her in my arms one more time
And when I kiss her (cheeks) I turn backward flip
And I forget about these feet of mine
I got to keep on walkin'
Oh I got to walk on
Let me tell you, y'allI'm so tired
But I just can't lose my stride
Yeah I got to walk on
Let me tell you, y'all
Hope my feet don't fail me now
I got five more miles to go
I got nine, eight, seven. six,
oh six, I got five more miles to go now
Over the hills just around the bend
Although my feet are tired I can't lose my stride
I got to get my baby back again
I got to keep on walkin' I got to walk on
Let me tell y'all I'm so tired now
But I just can't lose my stride
Oh, I got to walk on Let me tell you now I'm so tired
But I just can't lose my stride
I got to walk on"

Oh yes this journey of almost two years is finally taking us Elizabeth.

Those of you who have been with us throughout this journey know how many times we thought it would never happen, that we would never find her.

But we did.

And you know what....somehow now the saying, "the wait will be worth it" suddenly makes perfect sense.

We are happy that you are following us on our 16 day journey to Guangzhou to meet Elizabeth and bring her home.

No comments: