Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's 7:54 A.M.

I don't know how he is doing it but Marty is still asleep at 7:54 A.M. Granted we don't leave out of LAX till almost midnight tonight...but come on--there is still so much to do--and worry about.

Of course Marty was shielded from the 856 things that had to be bought and packed into 5 suitcases. I wanted to take 6 but he put his foot down. If you are wondering why we need to take so much for 2 weeks in China...the answer is 2 weeks of baby supplies-not to mention a mini version of Target's baby department.

Oh yes, two weeks worth of diapers and wipes fill a good part of a suitcase...and then there is the back up formula in case we can't get it in China--most say we can but there have been some who have reported problems. My attitude toward packing is this..."if I MIGHT need it, why not take it?" The problem seems to be that Marty's attitude is "if you don't know that you will absolutely need it, why take it?" And unfortunately I have to count on him to carry some of this stuff.

Well, hopefully I won't need most of the supplies I am taking ...heck if I don't use the stuff I can open a mini-7-eleven in the hotel lobby!

Being the worrier that I am of course, I am convinced that the minute I get to China I will have realized that I forgot one item that I desperatately need. I know there will be something. I just don't know what it is yet.

The good news is that I was able to find a true "Cat Nurse" for my kitty kat Bodhi. She will be able to go to Marty's parents everyday to give him his medcine. She walked in the door last night and I thought she looked like an Angel! Bodhi is in great hands staying with his grandma and grandpa at his second home but he needs a trained kitty nurse to make sure he actually swallows his medicine.

Hopefully the medicine will take care of my first born's problem (yes I LOVE my cat!) and when we get home he will be all better and ready to meet his new little sister.

For those of you who don't know Bodhi...here he is in all his Frank Sinatra blue eyed glory:

Bodhi has been pretty good training for having a baby. As a ragdoll he follows me all over the house, needs constant attention and causes tremendous parental concern and worry! However I have never had to change his diaper. Oh, and yes to those who are wondering..."I still haven't changed a diaper!" Except of course on the stuffed animal that our friend Kenya brought over and tried to teach me on! Let just say, it will be called, "learning on the job"

Off to do a "cross check" of my suitcases! Which leaves me to ask if anyone knows what the heck they mean when they stewardesses announces "cross check" as the plane gets ready to take off. Erica, maybe Eddie knows!


2 comments:

Keith Marbourg said...

Elizabeth is a very special looking little girl. Great "presence", posture and expressions. Thanks for sharing. Hope Bhodi feels better soonest.

Martha said...

I can so relate to your feelings right now! :) We were in China this time last year and had only had Zoe for one day!

Don't sweat too hard over the packing. What I really needed once I was over there (an Outback steak & potato) I couldn't have packed anyway! :)

Have fun!
Martha C. (Zoe's from JC, too)
www.zoesplace.blogspot.com