Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Last Day of Being One

So...I am feeling sort of nostalgic and oddly sentimental about the fact that tomorrow Elizabeth will leave the one year mark and become an official "two year old". Am I sad about her not being a baby anymore? Sure, in some ways. But I am more excited about seeing her grow up. Everyday she does so many things that amaze me and make me smile. She is really starting to talk now and is pretty much understanding everything--which continues to amaze me.

Sometimes it is the littlest thing that she does that really gets to me. Like today I had my wallet out and license with my picture was on the outside pocket of my wallet, Elizabeth exclaimed "mama" grabbed the license and kissed it. I kind of wanted to cry at such a simple, sweet and innocent gesture. Yeah, she is a sweetie.

Here are some photos taken over the last week or two. It has been pretty amazing how much she seems to be turning into a little actress who loves to pose for the camera. Not that she was ever a wallflower but suddenly she is really loving the limelight. And please excuse the fact that none of these photos have been edited or photoshopped...I now am lucky just to get the photos posted and hope one day to have enough spare time to fix up my photos before I post them. Maybe once Elizabeth is off to college--or Hollywood.


Here is Elizabeth in the darling tutu that Aunt Rita and Uncle Bill sent her for Christmas. I think this skirt may have been part of what has ignited the performer in her over the last couple of weeks. She loves to wear this skirt everywhere. At first I would only let her wear it in the house since I didn't want her to get it dirty but then I realized she isn't going to be able to wear it when she is tweleve so she may as well enjoy it while she can. And we have learned that a fancy pink tutu can really dress up an old pair of jeans!








She seems to think she looks pretty darn good





Here she is happy as can be --having discovered that dressing up is something she loves to do. And being the center of attention--oh yeah, she will take it.








Oh Really?


Here Sandra got Elizabeth to put on her "Dora" sunglasses and pose for the camera--yet again



Oh yeah, I'm a ham!





Here we told Elizabeth to put on her best "woe is me" face--this is what she came up with...

No comments: