Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas has come and gone....



So Christmas has come and gone.

And what a Christmas this was.

At this risk of sounding like a new age California kook I just had to post my horoscope for Chistmas Day since it was so on target...

Dear Marybeth,
Here is your horoscope
for Tuesday, December 25:

You're feeling pretty sentimental, or even a bit upset, depending on the circumstances of your life. It's important to let those feelings stand, but not to let them interfere with the life you want to live.



I have to admit that I really haven't had a happy Christmas since my mom hasn't been with us. Most years I run away and try to avoid the whole thing.

But this year I stayed put. And of course we have Elizabeth and what an amazing gift she is.

While there was an element of the "bittersweet" to Christmas this year as I thought about my mom and my Aunt Monica and how they would have gotten such a kick out of Elizabeth. I let myself feel those feelings but I also knew that my mom and Aunt would be pretty annoyed with me if I allowed myself to wallow too much and miss the joy that little Elizabeth has brought.


What an amazing Christmas present I received this year!

No comments: