Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sunday on the Island

Today we headed down to Balboa Island for lunch and a little walk. It turned out to be a beautiful day. A passer by offered to take this photo of me and Marty with Elizabeth. My first instinct as a former New Yorker was to say, "oh no, that's okay." But luckily Marty said, "sure" and we got this nice photo!

.

Since I have been so overwhelmed with just getting through the days since we got home on November 16th, I haven't exactly had time to really decorate the house for the holidays. Also I figure Elizabeth won't really notice too much at this age. But I figure if I take lots of pictures of her in front of other people's Christmas decorations at least she'll see that I wasn't denying her a Merry Christmas! Is that cheating? Yeah, sure-I guess so. But heck, "desperate times call for desperate measures!"



Elizabeth gets about as close to a real snowman as she is going to get this year.



Here we are outside of one of the very decorated houses on Balboa Island. Every year there is a contest on the Island for the best decorated. This house usually wins--and you really have to see it at night...the lighting is something else.

No comments: