Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sunday in the Park



Today Marty and I headed down to Laguna Niguel to meet our friends Jan and Gary and little Kaila. If you take a look at the new video I just posted yesterday of Elizabeth on the day we received her, you will see Kaila and her parents at the end of the video and the girls looking at one another.

It was great to see Kaila, Jan and Gary yesterday and to let Elizabeth and Kayla get to know one another better. Although the girls seem to sort of gloss over one another I am glad that they are getting to spend time together and hopefully when they are older they will appreciate the fact that they have been friends "from the beginning" of our lives together.

We had lunch at Mimi's cafe and we all had a great time--except of course for the old fella at the table next to us. He took himself and his company to another side of the restaurant--it seems Kaila's exuberant vocalizations and Elizabeth's banging on the table were just too much for this man to bear. I wholeheartedly sympathize--had I been seated next to the likes of us a few months of us--I'd have run for the hills.

After lunch we headed over to an inviting park where the girls spent time on the swings and brave little Kayla took a few slides down the sliding pond.

We didn't really do anything too extraordinary or terribly important--but somehow I had the feeling I had really accomplished something.

It seems that when I actually get Elizabeth out and in of the car and her car seat and to our destination and back again without any major meltdowns or difficulties I am amazed it all works out--I feel as if I have sent man to the moon. I feel the same way when I actually get Elizabeth to bed and to sleep at a reasonable time without much difficulty--a major accomplishment --not to mention relief!

No comments: