Saturday, March 8, 2008

Elizabeth's New Shoes

So in my attempt to feel some sense of control over Elizabeth's falling all over herself and onto the ground lately (ouch) I decided that we had better invest in the best shoes possible to rule out any accidents caused by faulty shoe wear.

So off we went to Nordstroms to get a sturdy but still cute pair of walking shoes. In addition to her practical new shoes, I spied an absolutely adorable pair of baby shoes covered in pink and red sequins. I immediately informed Elizabeth she just had to have them. Luckily the salewoman assured me that they were as supportive as they were pretty.

When we got home I couldn't help but be immensely tickled by this shoe purchase--something about these shoes. And that is coming from someone who has never understood most women's fascination with shoes--for me shoe shopping has almost always been a necessary evil-go figure.

But these shoes were different. And then I thought about the red sequins and that got me to thinking about Dorothy's ruby red slippers. And don't you know it--they were covered in red sequins. So you might say that Elizabeth's has the toddler version of Dorothy's Ruby Red Slippers.

So, Elizabeth, "click you heels together three times and remember-there's no place like home!"





No comments: