Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Elizabeth's Condominium Development

Well, I have been trying to keep the house from looking like the set of "romper room"...but it is not so easy. I have said that I don't want more than 2 toys out at once and I have been pretty much keeping to that (excluding all the dangerous household items that Elizabeth THINKS are her toys! YIKES). Except yesterday we had three of her larger toys out and I called it "Elizabeth's Condo Development". Does she like them--oh yeah --she finds them endlessly entertaining. If only she found them as entertaining as she seems to find the oven door!

You will also notice the T.V. on in the background. A lot of the baby books say to keep babies and kids away from T.V. As you can see I am flying in the face of that advice. She LOVES Sesame Street. And how can that be so bad. As long as she is not posted in front of the T.V. for hours it should be fine. Besides if T.V. was so bad for babies then most of us baby boomers would all be idiots! Remember Romper Room and Captain Kangaroo. And while there was not Sesame Street back then, I think lots of pre-schoolers were watching the "hard stuff" like The Flintsones!

On a recent version of Sesame Street they were singing a song to the tune of Westside Story's, "I Just Met a Girl Named Maria"--replaced with the words "I Just Met a Veg named Zucchini". I mean, come on--you gotta love it! The only problem is that I seem to be going through the day with the words "I Just Met a Veg Named Zucchini" running through my head.



Here one could assume that after investing in her condo projects that Elizabeth is going the way of Donald Trump and traveling in style here. Truth is that Marty and I took her down to Laguna Beach for lunch the other day and we spotted this Hummer on Steroids. If you have ever been to Laguna, then you know what the parking situation there is--how'd you like to be driving this lovely thing around Laguna!

No comments: