Monday, January 28, 2008

LaLa and Re

Of course this post is about a week after the fact but the way I have been going as of late--I am on time. But that is a whole other story.

Last week Elizabeth had a visit from Aunt Laura and Aunt Re (short for AnnMarie!). Of course they are really her cousins since Laura and I are cousins, but Laura pointed out that the age difference makes them more like aunts. Oh yeah, the age thing. I won't even go there.

All that aside--Elizabeth had a grand time with her aunties and was continuing her mantra of LaLa LaLa (which must be short for Laura)--which is all that she has said since she supposedly started talking. Oh, and AnnMarie taught her what is now referred to as the AnnMarie face--she opens her mouth as wide as she can with her eyes bulging. I will have to grab a photo when she does it.

Ann Marie couldn't believe how good an eater Elizabeth is....it was fun to see the look of amazement on AM's face as Elizabeth shoveled wild rice, avocado, chicken salad, yogurt, cheddar cheese, scrambled eggs and sweet potatoes into her little mouth. And yes, she can eat all of those things at one sitting! You think I am joking, don't you? Well, usually I only give her two or three of those things at a time--but if I gave her all of them I betcha she would eat them.

Laura and AnnMarie taught Elizabeth a few new games and kept her very entertained. I also noticed that the house seemed a lot cleaner when Laura and AM were here. I think it had to do with the fact that Elizabeth was so busy playing with them that she didn't have time to tear the house apart the way she usually does.

More photos to come.........


No comments: