Thursday, November 29, 2007

Elizabeth's Playpen

Well it seems that the playpen was a worthy purchase. Elizabeth seems to be able to amuse herself in the playpen--sometimes for up to 30 minutes at a time. Today was a day that I needed that playpen. For some reason I was just worn out, burnt out, exhausted--you name it. I was the quintessential "lousy mother" today. I let her watch over an hour of cartoons (I was able to rationalize this by telling myself it was helping her learn English)and she probably spent two hours in total in her playpen. Of course one of those hours was on Marty's watch. He agreed to watch Elizabeth while I took a nap (since Elizabeth refuses naps).I will make it up to her tomorrow and make sure she spends lots of time out of the "pen".

And believe me...the playpen only works for so long...then I get the "I am begging you, let me out of here face" you see below.

No comments: