Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tonight....

Well....Elizabeth finally did get to sleep last night...or shall I say this morning at 5 a.m. It was a long long night which found me utterly exhausted and utterly amazed that this little girl can stay awake for as long as she does.

Babies her age are supposed to sleep for 14 hours. She has been averaging about 8 since we have been home. I will have to research some solutions but since she never sleeps --I never have time.

Elizabeth and I slept till 12:30 p.m. today. I don't know what time zone we are on since at that point it was 4 a.m. in China. I figure we are the time zone from Alice in Wonderland.

Well today she stayed awake till 10 pm with only one 10 minute nap. Unreal. The only hope I have now at 11 PM is that she sleeps till at least 4 a.m. Heavy praying on that one please.

Marty had class today and was also pretty sick and wound up at the doctor so I was pretty much on my own.

I have such profound a new found respect for mothers and those who take care of babies. I also wonder how some people do it.

But Elizabeth is truly the sweetest little girl I could hope for. The only time she really cries is when it is time to go to sleep. For some reason she has developed a severe aversion to sleep.

Hopefully this phase will not last too long and we will be on our way to some nice long nights of sleep.

Ahhh...sleep, wonderful sleep. What is that?

No comments: