Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, I have to say Happy Thanksgiving on the blog and I also have to apologize for not calling anyone today. Not one member of my family and not one friend. Sleep deprivation and still being on the overwhelmed side are to blame.

It seems Marty and I are struggling to calm a baby who has truly seems "afraid to go to sleep". Tonight we are hoping we have turned a corner as she actually went to sleep at 8 p.m. and allowed us to put her in her crib.

But last night was a true nightmare for me. Working on about 4 hours sleep the last few nights I realized I was so exhausted that I just couldn't handle another sleepless night. The problem was that my nerves were so shot I couldn't sleep. Everytime I felt myself falling asleep I would hear Elizabeth crying--and sometimes it was just my imagination.

Marty took over for a few hours but soon he even had to call me to help. Finally we let Elizabeth sleep in bed with us and finally we got some sleep from about 2 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. The longest sleep in over a week.

And that did help...but unfortunately we have been so besides ourselves that we couldn't really have much of a Thanksgiving this year.

And after 7 hours sleep last night ....things do seems better. And...Elizabeth is truly the sweetest little girl--she smiles and laughs all the time. She is really developing even in the few weeks we have had her. You can see in her eyes how much she loves getting attention. She also loves taking baths--I don't think she had baths in the orphanage. She is NOT afraid of the water and is already attempting to "swim" in the bathtub. I won't mention how in my tired stupor last night I put her in the tub with her diaper on. Opps.

Things will get better.

In ending I just want to say how thankful we are for Elizabeth and also for our family and our wonderful friends. And I can't wait to talk to you all and see you and also to have you meet this adorable little girl we are lucky enough to have with us. Once we wake up of course!

No comments: